Welcome to the First Year Residential Experience Program at the University of Houston!
FYRE is for all incoming First Year students who will be living on campus. The FYRE program aims to promote successful first year student transition into campus life and the residential communities at the University of Houston. Through active participation, students will be offered meaningful opportunities to interact with campus partners, faculty, and peers. The programmatic focus will include class registration, financial aid, study skills, and the development of social networks. Through these interactions, FYRE students will acquire the knowledge and confidence to persist to their second year and beyond.
1. Where is the FYRE program? The offices for the FYRE program are located in Cougar Village II Room N131 (Located in between Cougar Village I and Cougar Village II).
2. Where do students who participate in FYRE live? The students who participate in FYRE are First Year students. Thus, they mainly live in Moody Towers and Cougar Village.
3. How will we find out about programs in the fall? We will advertise in the halls, send out emails, post on our Facebook, and Tweet information in addition to providing information at check in.
4. How do we reach FYRE? We can be reached at 713-743-6881, FYRE@uh.edu, Facebook page “UH FYRE” www.facebook.com/UHFYRE, Twitter@UHFYRE
5. Who coordinates the FYRE/SYRE programs?
Coordinator of First and Second Year Programming (FYRE & SYRE)
Zach Wortzel, 713-743-6087(Direct Line), firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Leadership and Learning
Lin Crowson, 713-743-6024(Direct Line), email@example.com