Living in a residence hall at the University of Houston can be a wonderful, positive experience. While living on campus you will have access to many services and resources – Faculty-in-Residence and Living/Learning communities. Campus living gives you the support to focus on your academics while learning to be a part of a diverse community. Within our seven residential communities, we house approximately 6,000 students. See which one is the best fit for you!
University of Houston
Student Housing and Residential Life
4373 Wheeler, Ste. S121
Houston, TX 77204-3018
On-Campus Housing Office Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Residence Halls Tour Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. �
Saturday 12:30 p.m.
*Saturday tour leaves from Welcome Center.
Residence Halls Development Staff
Your closest partners are the members of the residence halls development staff. The overall management of resident development lies with Residence Life staff, which consists of Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs), Hall Directors (HDs), Resident Assistants (RAs), Peer Mentors (PMs) and Desk Assistants (DAs).
- Residence Life Coordinator (RLCs) are full-time live-in professional staff who develop goals for the halls, promote student leadership opportunities, provide overall administration of day-to-day operations and work to deliver quality service.
- Hall Directors (HDs) supervise the Resident Assistants and Desk Assistants, promote student leadership through advising Hall Councils, provide guidance in educational and social programming and deal with conduct issues by hearing low-level judicial cases.
- Resident Assistants (RAs)are trained student staff members who coordinate programming, serve as a resource and referral agent for floor members, assist in building upkeep through room/area inspections and help maintain community standards of behavior. The RAs are selected as peer educators based on their skills and willingness to assist. Your RA is an important, helpful resource.
- Peer Mentors (PMs) are trained student staff members who assist in the coordination of the Freshman Year Residential Experience (FYRE) Program.
- Desk Assistants (DAs) are compensated students who provide resource assistance and monitor building access in each area. Please help the Desk Assistants maintain the security of your community by showing your ID when entering (Moody Towers), by not propping doors open or allowing strangers into the building (Quadrangle) and by reporting strangers or suspicious behavior in all areas.
Housing and Conference Services Staff
Housing and Conference Services staff is responsible for the administrative coordination of university housing and conference services. If you have questions concerning your Room and Board Agreements, room assignment, meal plan, release of Room and Board Agreements or billing, please visit the Housing Office in Cougar Village II S121 or call 713.743.6000. If you are interested in hosting a conference in the residence halls or would like to be involved in the Conference Services Program, please visit the administration offices in Cougar Village II S121 or call 713.743.6013.
Operations Services Staff
The Operations Services staff, which includes maintenance, housekeeping and information technology, shares the university’s commitment to maintain all of its facilities and services in good condition. The operations staff works to constantly upgrade facilities and services to meet student needs.
Office Administrative Staff
Office administrative staff in each office or service center provide service, information and assistance to students, faculty, staff and community visitors. Please use them as a resource when you have questions or concerns.