What To Bring
Below is a short list of items that might be helpful to have during the year.
Things to bring…
- UH ID card – You will use it for check in(or a photo ID), Cougar Cash, Dining and getting into your residence hall.
- Immunization records
- Emergency information
- Renters insurance
- Phone and answering machine – In all locations except Cougar Village.
- Linens – pillow, blanket, quilt or comforter, mattress pad, towels, washcloth, sheets (mattress size twin extra long).
- Calling card
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp/desk organizers
- Closet organizers
- Personal toiletries
- Pillow top or egg carton cushion
- Personal decor items – posters, photos, etc. (No nails or staples)
- Laundry soap/clothes hamper, iron/ironing board, hangers.
- Housekeeping supplies – spray cleaner, trash liners, small vacuum, air freshener.
- Surge protector
- Bicycle with lock
- Data cable/CAT 5 Patch cord
- Food/serving utensils
- Calendar/day planner
- Moving dolly and bungee cords – Helpful on move-in day!
Do not bring…
- Pets – Other than fish in a maxium 10 gallon tank
- Open coil heating or cooking devices
- Candles or incense
- Guns or fireworks
- Water guns or “look alike” gadgets
- Large amounts of cash
- Extension cords